Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weekend Trial

Lonya and I had AKC agility this weekend.  I think I'm very glad that I had agility this weekend and have it next weekend too.  The distraction it provides is very needed....it's still difficult to be at home sometimes.  And I went out to dinner with friends, and that helps too...I don't have much of a appetite now, but when I'm out I do better.

There were several people at the trial this weekend who hadn't heard about Kal-El yet...or who hadn't had a chance to talk to me yet about him.  So, more word got around this weekend.  I appreciate those who want to talk to me about him, and are okay with me tearing up.  And I also can understand the people who don't quite know what to say...  But, it is good for me to run the dogs...it helps me forget for a bit.  Though, I do still feel a bit guilty that I'm out having fun without Kal...  That's gonna happen though.

So, the trial.  Lonya was just awesome!!  She has grown up SO much in the last few months, I'm kind of thinking it's been since her second heat cycle.  She's more "dog" now than "puppy".  She still has puppy moment, but it really seems like she's figured out her job.

She was in Novice Jumpers With Weaves and Novice Standard on Saturday.  We ran Jumpers first.  She did very well!   She did blind cross me (she thought we were going one way and crossed behind me to get back on track.).  She also called off a tunnel well, even though she slipped when she did it.  She only ran around one jump and got her weaves on the first try (which she actually did all weekend!).  She Qd for her first NAJ leg!



Standard was also very nice.  I choose to run it differently than most people, what else is new.  But, I thought the "normal" way of running the opening risked a collision at the exit of the tunnel, which I didn't want to do with her.  So, I ran behind the tunnel, so I didn't have to cross.  Slightly longer for me, but it worked great!  (I love it when that happens!  LOL)  She ran around the AFrame the first time for a refusal.  She also got a refusal at the teeter, but it was 100% totally MY fault.  I front crossed her, which she did great!, and ended up out of position.  I heard the judge laugh when I told Lonya as we were running that that refusal was all my fault!   But, she still Qd and that was the 3rd leg for her NA!!

Sunday, we had Novice JWW again and I moved her to Open Standard.  Jumpers was great again!!  She held a 2 jump lead out.  She did go sniff the ring crew for a second (he was sitting right where she was running toward him after landing).  But, she got back on track quickly.  She again, ran around one jump (when I rear crossed), but fixed it well.  She Qd again for her second NAJ leg.

Standard was a tough course, it only had a couple of changes from the Excellent course (from what I could see since I didn't walk the Excellent course).  I really didn't think she'd have much chance on it, but figured we could see what we could do.  She came VERY close to Qing!!  She had 1 refusal and 1 off course.   I thought you were only allowed one mistake, so had thought we had NQd already.  I was wrong, but it didn't really matter since I still ran her like normal.  She ended up NQing on the table, when she jumped up on me!  She got all the hard stuff and NQd on a silly thing!!  She didn't run by the frame and did 12 weaves for the first time in competition.  I was thrilled with her!



I'd like to get her weaves faster, and need to work a bit more on the Aframe.  But, man, she really impressed me this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment