Thursday, November 4, 2010

Logic versus emtion

It was 3 weeks ago today that I lost Kal...how can that be??

Today started out much like that day...

I got up "early" to run some errands and to start changing my sleep schedule over to being awake during the day, before 3 days of agility...exactly like that Thursday.  I was even going to pretty much the same places.

I was set to leave at about the same time even...and was going to do what I did then.  Give the dogs some treats and feed them their normal meal when I got home, which would be closer to their "normal" time.

But, part of me was scared that I'd come home to a sick dog again...I KNOW that giving Kal cookies before his meal didn't make him sick...it didn't give him hemangiosarcoma...it didn't cause his spleen to rupture.  But, I couldn't leave without feeding the dogs...even though it means I'll have to feed them again before I go to bed so they don't go too long between meals.  There's no logic with doing that...none at all.  But, the thought of leaving the house without feeding them turned my stomach.  Silly isn't it??

I also "almost" used my Wii Fit for the first time since I lost Kal...but then I realized that I need to decide what I want to do with Kal's "Mii"s on it.  Kal is a dog on it, and also a person (it was easier to weigh him as a person, since I didn't have to pick him up that way).  Both Kal the dog and Kal the person show up all the time in the games...I don't know if that'll be a comfort or a dagger...  I'm thinking to probably delete the person and keep the dog???  Then he'll still get to run with me...but I can't deal with that now...so I didn't use the Fit.  Good thing I have other exercise games!

The United White Shepherd Club put a full page memorial to Kal-El in their latest newsletter.  That was unexpected and a surprise.  It was very nice of them to do.

3 days of agility this weekend, AKC style.  I'm running Sparrow in Novice Preferred Std and JWW for 2 days and Lonya in Open Standard and Novice JWW all 3 days.  The weather is supposed to be beautiful, it's raining now but that's supposed to stop overnight.  Hoping for a Q or 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment