Friday, October 22, 2010

Not a good weekend

I brought Kal's ashes home tonight...I know it's not really him, but still, many more tears.  It's been that way much of the weekend though...I guess I feel that I don't have to pretend at home.  I don't have to put up a front that everything is okay, cause you know what, it's NOT okay!  I'm not okay.  The situation is not okay.  Nothing is okay.

I took Kal's stuff out of the van and put it away.  I also put away his CPE score sheet and the vet report.  I got some photos printed up for that picture frame, and may have some others to choose from soon too.  His leash wasn't in the van, so it must be in the house somewhere.  I'll try to find it tonight.

So, I need to write some happy memories...

Kal liked most people, but there were a few people that he really loved...that he included in his inner circle.  Our trialing partner Cherie was one of his most favorite people.  He would always get SO excited when he saw her at a trial, he'd lunge and pull me towards her, moaning and yowling at her.  We'd have to watch to make sure he didn't hurt her or knock her over!  Cherie let me and my dogs camp with her in her camper.  We had to block my dogs into part of the camper away from where Cherie was sleeping, or Kal would go check on her throughout the night.  We would always laugh in the morning, when we got up.  It was like Kal-El would forget while he was sleeping that we were camping with Cherie.  When he realized that he was in the camper with Cherie, he'd get so excited he could hardly stand it.  He'd whine and try to get to her to say hi, and the thumping his tail would make on the sides of the camper seemed loud enough to wake up everyone else!  He really made sure his friends knew that he liked them!

He had his eating and drinking quirks too.  He never ever swallowed that last lap of water...he'd walk away with it dripping out of his mouth.  After slipping and almost falling several times, I figured out where to put the water bowl for my safety.  I had to put it between the toilet and the tub, so when he was done, he had to back out of there.  That made him drip (mostly) over the bathmat.

Until Lonya came along, every time Kal would eat, he'd have to go rub his face on things right after he was done.  He preferred his bed or a pillow, he'd make do with a blanket or laundry if he had too.  And, if nothing was available, he come to me so I could rub his face for him.  I think he didn't like having the food in his teeth., where it would get stuck up by his molars.  Once Lonya came along though, she would take care of that for him!  She would come up to him and, even though he'd growl and snarl at her, she'd put her head in his mouth and lick his teeth to get all the loose food out.  He would sound like he hated it, but he let her do it every time, and I think he actually liked it!  I thought as Lonya grew up, she'd stop doing this, but she didn't...she'd always go clean his teeth for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment