Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 1 of IPOC

We had agility today.  The weather was beautiful and the trial site was nice.  My friends had staked out a really good spot, and I didn't even need to set up my tent, since we had shade all day!

Lonya was entered in Novice JWW and Open Std.  Her JWW run was very nice. And FAST!!  Holy crap!  She had a little bit of a lapse in the middle (I think she missed a rear cross?) but once I got her back (and after I managed to keep her from going off course!) she worked the end nice.  Great weaves!  And Q #3 for her NAJ! On to Open JWW tomorrow!

The Open Std course was nice, pretty doable (and not what I expected from this judge!).  Lonya had some major puppy brain moments though, and we struggled through it.  But, I was glad to see that she would retry the things she missed without apparent stress.  And she did 12 weaves the second time through (she missed pole 2 the first time...which happens if she doesn't slow up when she enters).  She got all her contacts too.

Sparrow ran in Novice Std and Novice JWW, preferred so 20" jumps.  Her JWW run was very nice, she liked that it was so open.  One refusal, but that was it.  She Qd!

Novice Std, she was a bit mopey.  I had got her out WAY too early!!  I think by the time she ran, she thought we were just hanging out.  Once I got her going, she ran well, but it was a bit of a struggle at first.  But, she ended up Qing there too!

I only have a little video from today, I'll upload them later, probably not until Sunday night...  Lonya's JWW run is on a friend's camera, so hopefully I'll get that in not too long.

There were a few more people today that I hadn't seen in the last three weeks...but I only teared up a couple of times.  I really get choked up around other shepherd people for some reason.  I guess it's because I know they know how special a shepherd is...

Totally unrelated, I bought Sparrow a new food bowl...and Lonya is able to retrieve this one.  I know Kal is watching and is happy she's taken this over.  It's a silly little thing, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment