Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 2 of IPOC

Another fun day at the trial...only teared up once (again, talking to another GSD person...).   The dogs did well, even though we only got 1 Q.

Sparrow was a wild child in JWW.  She did the puppy play bowing and galloping around...and in doing so, took out one bar!  But, she did have fun...!  Standard was later, but it was still cool.  She ran very well, happy!  She did have to stop to scratch an itch before weaves, but since it was Novice, it didn't even count as a refusal!  She Qd with a first place!

Lonya didn't Q, but man, she sure had some nice parts of her runs.  She was a little spooked going into the JWW run, so I altered how I started.  I hadn't walked it that way, but I didn't think I was going to be able to get my leadout, so I didn't want to let her practice breaking it.  I ended up pushing her past a jump, which she then backjumped.  She needed to redo her weaves once also.  But, man, she was running fast!  I'm a little frantic with her out there, at least it feels like it!  I didn't actually check her times today, I need to do that tomorrow....

She was a little flaky in Standard, but not as bad as yesterday.  And, she walked into the ring on her own four feet!  I have been carrying her in, since she seems less stressed that way.  But, for Standard today, she didn't ask to be picked up at all.  I was very pleased!  She hit a tough weave entry the first time, and really had to try to curve enough to get into the second pole without skipping one.  When I saw how fast she hit the entry, I figured she's miss the second pole and hit the third...but she got it!  It was a very similar (if not the exact same) weave entry the excellent dogs had, and many of them missed the entry or missed the second pole.

Lonya's really coming along...she's quite the up and coming agility star!

On a different note...the emergency clinic that I took Kal to 3 weeks ago, sent me a sympathy card.  While that is nice enough in and of itself...I was very touched that not only did the entire staff (or most of it) sign it, but the attending vet and vet tech that night wrote personal notes to me about Kal.  It made me cry again, both commented on how sweet of a boy Kal was.  Even when he was so sick, they could see how good he was...

No comments:

Post a Comment