Saturday, May 21, 2011

Updates

Once again, I've been slacking off on the blog!

A few weeks ago, Lonya got her AXJ at a trial in Palmetto.  This was her first time there, and I was pleased overall with how she did.  It was crowded, but she really didn't stress very much at all.  Her JWW run for her Q was nice, but unfortunately, I didn't get it on video!  Her other JWW runs were okay, she had weave issues all weekend and I caused an error or two!  Standard is still a struggle.  Her last run of the weekend, I got a little firmer with her and she settled in to work...I think I may be so worried about her stressing that she's getting away with only having to do what she wants...  We trial 3 days next weekend, so we'll see what happens if I'm more firm with her.

Then, Lonya came into heat, so I had to pull her from a trial, which meant I could enter Sparrow in a CPE trial and run her for her C-ATCH.  I was a bit worried about the heat, but didn't want to put it off.  We ran in 3 runs each night.  Night one, we ran in WildCard, Snooker and Jackpot.  She Q'd in all 3, which gave her the last Jackpot Q she needed for her C-ATCH.  It was non-traditional, and was set up well for Sparrow.  I'm a big fan of jump combos for 5 points!  You had to do the obstacles labelled 2, 4, 6, and 8 in order, but could do other things in between.

The second night, our first run of the trial was Jumpers...the last thing we needed for her C-ATCH.  It was warm, and I was nervous.  But, she ran well, even if it was a bit slow.  We were under time though and she Qd for her C-ATCH!  I was so happy that she got it, she's been running so well in the last few months.  I handled it pretty well too, I only cried a little bit.  I really wanted Sparrow's C-ATCH to be about her, and not about the missed opportunity with Kal...and I think I succeeded at that.  My friends who were there were very supportive and happy for us also.  And the ribbon she got was huge!!  We also ran in Colors for a Q and Jackpot for an NQ (she got the distance, but was 1 point shy of minimum in the opening!)

The video of her C-ATCH runs is here.



We didn't do much of a victory lap, since it was hot, but she was very happy at the end!

Today, I went to a handling seminar with Lonya.  She worked pretty well, even though it was hot and she's still a bit hormonal.  She was a bit slower than normal, but I still learned a lot!  We have a few things to work on...tunnel/contact descriminations, working the back side of the jump among others.

We have a trial next weekend, where I really hope to get a JWW Q....and our ticket to the Invitational!

No comments:

Post a Comment