Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kal-El's memorial video



I first heard this song in December of last year, and I knew that I wanted to use it to make a video about Kal-El.  But, I had to wait until I was mentally ready to do it.  And, I had to get some VHS converted to DVD (Walmart does this, and the resulting DVD is very user friendly) and I had some photos to get off "floppy" disks.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, I think it shows the dog that Kal-El was, a clown, a gentle giant, and a devoted companion.

Having lost 2 dogs in very different ways, so close together...I think it was MUCH "easier" to lose Cheyenne.  I had time to prepare, I had time to say goodbye, I had time to make sure she did the things she enjoyed one more time, and I had time to accept that I was going to lose her.  I think I've healed quite a bit from losing her.  I do think the fact that she was old helped too.

I'm still not over losing Kal-El.  It was just too sudden, too soon, and I didn't get to do his favorite things one last time.  And he just wasn't old enough...  But, making his video helped.  And I really was happy to see him as a puppy again, God he was cute!  I do miss having a shepherd boy....not for a few more years...

2 comments:

  1. Beth, this brought tears to my eyes! He was such a flippin' cute puppy. I'm so sorry for your lose, it's never easy, especially when it's unexpected. He was lucky to have you and he in turn, left his mark on you. Thanks for sharing all the memories with us, loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, Yelena here from Jacksonville, FL. Love your website! I love GSDS and am waiting on pupppy that will be born in a few days. I also recently fall in love with mudi, but only from the photos on the web, never met one in person. I'd like to ask you few questions, but I couldn't e-mail you from your website, I don't have outlook. Can you email me please. your dogs and cats are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete