Sunday, June 19, 2011

Miss Lonya is going to the Invitational!!

Last weekend, Lonya and I had 3 days of AKC agility, at the new rings at SonLight Ranch (AKA BonJon, not sure we'll get used to the name change!).   The new grass rings are WONDERFUL.  Very flat, great grass (even though Bonnie said the grass would get better as it got more established).  And all the contacts had new rubber.  Great site, and since it's so close to home, I hope it gets a lot of use!

I went into the weekend hoping Lonya would get 1 JWW leg, if that's the only Q we got, I'd be happy!  We're still having weave struggles a bit, so I was a bit worried.

Friday, she had a nice start to JWW, then came out of the poles at 11.  I did have her redo them, when she did. She had some nice sends, and knocked a bar when she was racing to catch up to me (which I know she has a history of doing).  And I knocked a bar when I hit an upright on a cross.  Standard, she really didn't want to do her weaves on the first try, but she did.  She got all her contacts (has been very good at that recently!) and we got our first AX leg!  So I ended the day happy...but hoping she'd have another set of poles in her for the weekend.  I did stay after the trial for run thrus, and I think that helped!

Saturday, JWW was first again.  It was a nice course, and the weaves were near the start.  She got them first try, though slowly!  She ran the rest of the course really well, even with me being nervous and overhandling!  We crossed the final jump clean and you'd have thought we MACH'd, instead of just getting our first points!  I was SO happy, as were my friends who knew we were running for the Invitational.   She got 9 points, which is enough for us to get invited this year!  Standard was nice, she missed pole #3, I think she carried too much speed into them.  She did get them on the second try.

Sunday, STD was first.  LOVELY run, which I wish we had gotten on video.  Her poles were faster, and she really worked well.  She swung wide out of the chute and was set up really wide for the last line of jumps.  She had to really try to make those jumps, and she did.  Q #2 for her AX, 25 seconds under course time!  JWW, she missed the weave entry (it was tough), but did them all once I fixed it.  Really nice course otherwise though.

So, she ended the weekend 3 for 6, qualifying for the Invitational and getting as much progress make on her AX as she could (since it was only one judge all weekend).

We're off for a bit, but will do one CPE in July, maybe one UKC.  And hopefully some AKC in Aug!

Here's the video of the 2 Q's I have, JWW first, then Standard.


3 comments:

  1. Have I told you how much I love that dog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin! I'm rather fond of her myself! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hunting down some better than average stuff on the subject and haven't had any fortunes up until this point, You just got another greatest fan!.. click to investigate about the Mastiff

    ReplyDelete