Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Weekend wrap up

We did two more days of CPE at Pasco Paws, Sat and Sun.

Lonya was just crazy on Sat, she was having fun, but really not doing what I asked her to!  She was really in to doing tunnels...lots of tunnels!  Her Standard run was a mess, she didn't hit any of her contacts, wasn't even close on her frame and flew off the teeter.  Her colors run was a little better...just a couple of extra tunnels!

Sunday she was a little better.   We started in Standard again.  Initially, she seemed like she was going to just go and do her own thing, so I got a little harsh with her.  Nothing horrible, just called her name a little gruffly.  She tucked tail for a second, then settled in to work WITH me...which is what I wanted.  She did her Aframe and teeter, but ran by the dogwalk.  It was raining during the run, so I didn't push it too much...I really just wanted her to run with me.  Jumpers was pretty nice, just some baby dog mistakes...running by a jump or two and backjumping them.

Sparrow had some really nice runs!  Saturday we ran Jackpot, Standard and FullHouse.

Her Jackpot was SO nice.  It was traditional, and I didn't think she would be able to get the gamble.  But, it had a nice opening for her, where she could get the opening points needed without too much difficulty.  The gamble was a tunnel, 180 into another tunnel, jump and table.  You could go at it from either side (there was a line on both sides), and you could start it whenever you wanted, but it had to be the last thing you did.  If you finished the gamble in the opening time (before the first buzzer rang), you got bonus points.  Otherwise, you had 10 seconds (I think) after the buzzer.  Sparrow actually almost got some bonus points!!  Not what I expected, but once I had enough in the open, I went for the gamble.  She was one of the few dogs that got it, I was very proud of her.  Many dogs missed that their handlers crossed at the first tunnel, or the handler stayed between tunnels one and two so the dog ran between.  Sparrow turned correctly exiting the tunnel, and I had ran past tunnel two and was able to look through the hole to see her and call her through...it worked!  She had a minor bobble going to the table, because her leash was in that chair.  Very happy with her!



Her Standard run was nice also, except I sent her to the wrong tunnel entrance.  My fault.  Full house was good too, she was very happy and peppy (she likes this cool weather!).  Again, I just ran to get enough points and get out of there...But it was a nice run.  She got 27 points and had a couple more seconds before her buzzer rang.



Sunday she Qd in colors, with a really nice run.  She actually placed above another dog who ran clean (doesn't happen all that often!)  Sunday standard...poor girl had to run in a downpour.  She did really well, and would have Qd had she not gotten spooked by the judge in her poncho.  Sparrow stopped to bark at her before weaving...which put us over time.  I had that run on video..but I accidently deleted it!  Oops!  And Jumpers, it was still rainy and she was a little scatterbrained.  She ran around a jump or two and in fixing them, we went over time again.

On Saturday, my friends gave me a very nice surprise gift.  They made Kal-El an honorary C-ATCH bar.  It was a total shock, and of course made me cry.  It really is great to have such a wonderful community of friends....

(The photos are the couple of Kal taken by Tein Tran...I wanted something to put above the bar in the photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment