Sunday, February 6, 2011

Catching up

I haven't been updating the blog very well!  Things have been busy, which is good.  This has been one of my only weekends where I don't have dog stuff...and I find myself torturing myself by re-reading all the stuff I wrote about Kal.  I still miss that dog every single day...  It will get easier at some point, I know.  It has too.  But, it still hurts a lot, and I feel gypped that I lost out on so much time with him, he was taken from me far too young.  I still feel a pain when I see a male GSD...of any color.  I really miss having one.

I'm waiting on Lonya's OFAs to come back.  I'll call them again next week to see if her results are in.  I hope it's my turn to have some good luck.  I really want to have a litter.  She's progressing in agility.  She hasn't Qd in a couple of trials, but some of her runs have been close.  She stands at 2 OAJ legs and 1 OA leg.  We do our first overnight trial next weekend, where we'll stay in a hotel for a night.  Not sure what she'll think of that!  I plan to have a crate ready in case she can't settle!

Sparrow got her NA a couple of weeks ago.   She needs one leg for her NAJ.  Not sure I'll do much more AKC with her after that.  I think she'll stick with CPE.  She's doing great there, we did 1 day of CPE last weekend and she Qd 4 out of 5, running really well!  Lots of fun for her.  We need 15 more legs for her C-ATCH, then I think I'll just stay in level 5 with her and go for her C-ATCH 2 (or not, just let her play around).

Here's the video from that day...




I need to be better about keeping up with this...fingers crossed that I do it!

3 comments:

  1. Beth, she looks good! What name do you call her while your running? In the third run, I hear you say "Spar" but I swear in the other few you were calling her "Monk!" At first, it sounded like you were saying "Lon" but then I heard "Monk".. haha i could be hearing things, but I thought I'd ask. Congrats on Lon's OFA's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirby, It is "Monk" or Monkey. It's one of Sparrow's nicknames, not sure why...but she knows it as well as Sparrow or Spar! I always give the dogs nicknames, usually several. Lonya's are (currently) Bean, Nubbin or Nubs, and Muppet. Kal's were Bubba, Hoss, Bo. Cheyenne's only one that stuck is Rat! LOL Sparrow also is Bonus...

    ReplyDelete