Thursday, March 1, 2012

The girls and I had CPE agility this weekend. CPE is much less stressful on all of us, and it's a good break from all the AKC agility we've been doing. Lonya ran a full set of 5 runs each day (Sparrow only ran 3 a day). Lonya was 10 for 10 over the weekend, I was VERY proud of her. I have video of 9 of her runs, we missed one run. One thing I tried to make sure I did was have her stop on the table (you may hear me tell her to lie down...we both know she's not going to actually lie down, but it reminds her to stop!). In CPE, the table is only used to stop the clock but I don't want her to think that's okay in AKC, so I wanted her to stop on it.

On Saturday, Lonya and I ran Jackpot, WildCard, Standard, Colors and Snooker.

Jackpot was...a mudi on crack. She was crazy! And, there was the tunnel vortex... But, she settled in enough to get the distance challenge...with about .18 seconds to spare! Q and a 1st

WildCard was nice and smooth. Q with a 1st

Standard was not good. Lonya was not herself at all, she was running around things (no refusals in CPE) and just not quite right. When I checked her over after the run, she was having an allergic reaction to something, she had a rash all along her belly and chest and some hives were developing. Fortunately, someone had a benedryl (which I have since added to my bag!). When I checked her a little while later, it had almost all cleared up, whew! She still Q'd for a 1st...

Colors was next, I went in just wanting to choose the easier option to see if my dog was back or if she still felt crappy. I was fully prepared to pull her but she ran well. Q and a 3rd.

Snooker was last, it wasn't a very flowing course, but I had a decent path. I had to do a HARD call off from a tunnel, but she did it Q and a 2nd.


On Sunday, we ran Jackpot, Snooker, Standard, Jumpers and FullHouse.

Jackpot was non traditional and pretty easy. We didn't get it on video, but she Q'd with a 1st.

Snooker was fun, expect I was wearing my new (non flattering!) rain suit and Lonya didn't like the noise it made! It is fun to run a dog where I can try for 7s and not necessarily the most efficient path. She Q'd with a 1st.

Standard was pretty nice, although there was another tunnel vortex... I guess I need to work on tunnels under a dogwalk! Q for a 2nd.

Jumpers was a nice smooth course, Q for a 1st.

FullHouse was fun, again, it's nice to not have to worry about getting enough points! We had a few seconds left to get more points if I wanted...but we all knew more rain (and heavy this time) was coming so most of us were trying to get done quickly.



On Saturday, Sparrow and I ran Jackpot, Wildcard and Standard.

Jackpot was fun, good opening pattern for Sparrow to get enough points. Slight bobble on the distance challenge but she got it. Q for a 4th (over other dogs!)

WildCard was since and smooth.  She Q'd for no placement.

Standard was nice also.  A little slow, but she ran well.  Q for a 3rd.



Sunday, Sparrow and I ran Jackpot, Standard and FullHouse.

Jackpot was non-traditional, pretty easy.  You just had to do obstacles 2, 4, 6 and 8 (with a slight distance challenge on #4) at any time, in any order.  She Q'd for 4th.

FullHouse was set up nice for Sparrow.  2 Jokers near each other, though I still think the Aframe was a gift! She Q'd for no placement.

Standard was her only NQ.  She popped out of the poles, and when I asked her to do them again, she got all crazy!  But, it was a nice set of poles after.  We generally don't Q if we have to redo the poles, she's just not fast enough.  But, she had fun in the run!



Three days of AKC agility with Lonya starting tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment